Monday, July 27, 2009

Hair styling tips?

I have hair that is a little past my shoulders in length, and it is a little on the thin side, especially because I have shorter layers (which I am in the process of growing out so my hair doesn't look so thin). The texture of my hair is a bit coarse because I do have some natural curl/wave to my hair. What I really need help with is straightening my hair with a straightener. Before I blow dry my hair (which is a MUST), I put in a volumizing hair product. I also use large velcro rollers to give my hair extra oomph. After blow drying I always straighten my hair with a straightener (Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Ion Flat Iron) because the texture of my hair is too frizzy/coarse to keep it as is. My problem is that after I straighten my hair, all of the volume and thickness that I got from blow drying and the rollers is gone. Is there any product or technique that I can use to straighten my hair without losing volume and thickness? Any help would be great! Thank you!



Hair styling tips?

Ok lets solve this problem. Layers are always great on thin hair because the layers hold one another up so you can see more fullness. Maybe you should go a little shorter the lenght can some times strech out the volume. Use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner make sure you use professional salon quality product, trust me it makes a world of difference. Don't over condition your hair because it weighs the hair down. When you blow dry your hair try turning your head upside down. Don't ever roll your hair up and then flat iron it drags the volume out. Instead flat iron your hair in small sections use the flat iron twist your wrist and kinda curl your hair at the roots practice makes perfect you will get volume. Also when you begin to do the crown area of the head try overdirecting the hair forward this creates volume at the top. Try out this product its by Matrix its called amplified in a blue bottle this goes on the roots it is exellent. Try some of these thing and let me know how it works out.



Hair styling tips?

When you flat iron your hair, you should hold your hair straight out from your head to get the most volume. If you pull it down, it will undo all your work from blowdrying. Also, when you're done.. it always helps me to hold my head upside down and use a little hairspray underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment