Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hair growth post-chemo?

I went through 6 months AVBD. Never lost all my hair but shaved it because it was thin, patchy and felt horrible.



Its starting to grow out again but feels and looks very weird. It is MUCH darker than before. Maybe it just hasn't been sunkissed yet? I've heard that many people have a different texture/look to hair post chemo. Just wondering about other's experience with their hair regrowth.



Also, any advice about shampoos/conditioners/products to use or avoid??



Hair growth post-chemo?

My son's hair has changed dramatically from the chemo. It used to be thin and platinum blonde. Now it is thick, more coarse, wavy and dark. I avoid cheap shampoos as it tends to dry him out badly. He uses moisturizing shampoos and conditioners as his scalp tends to get very dry now.



Hair growth post-chemo?

my mom had blonde hair before chemo, and afterwards it came out dark red, so i think that part is probably normal. she seemed to really like infusium 23 products though, so maybe you'd like that too.



Hair growth post-chemo?

very curly at first



Hair growth post-chemo?

Mine is about the same colour, but at first was very curly. It's been about a year and a half now and it is less curly but kind of wiry and wavy. I use a mild shampoo and find that my hair and scalp are drier.



Actually it was kind of fun to have a different type of hair.



Hair growth post-chemo?

the first time I lost my hair, it grew back very thick and started out curly for a couple months.....as it grew, the curls disappeared, but I had the nicest body and wave...plus it grew back in a layer look, which was not my style before it fell out. The second time I lost it, it only got back to the stubble stage before I lost it for a 3rd time!! Now it has grown back thick and the curls have stayed and it's very soft. Everyone thinks I had it permed!



I use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to keep it soft..

No comments:

Post a Comment